Overuse of antibiotics

Side effects

Antibiotics are among the most commonly prescribed drugs in modern medicine. The word antibiotic consists of two words, anti means "against" and bios means "life". Antibiotics are also known as antibacterial agents and are medicines that are used specifically to treat infections caused by bacteria. It is important to understand that antibiotics only treat bacterial infections. Antibiotics are ineffective against viral infections like colds and fungal infections like ringworm. Bacteria are very small organisms that can sometimes cause diseases in humans and animals. Antibiotics treat diseases by killing or destroying bacteria. The first antibiotic in the history of medicine was penicillin, which was unexpectedly discovered from a mold. In today's modern world, there are more than hundreds of different antibiotics available to cure minor to life-threatening infections such as tuberculosis, salmonella, syphilis, and some forms of meningitis. Antibiotics associated with penicillin are ampicillin, amoxicillin and benzylpenicillin, which are often used today to treat a wide variety of infections. These antibiotics or antibacterial agents have been around for a long time.

When should they be taken?

Antibiotics do not work for all diseases because they are said to cure bacterial infections. Therefore, this should be taken into account when taking antibiotics. A doctor's prescription is very important for taking antibiotics because a doctor can determine if a patient has a viral or bacterial infection. Antibiotics should not be used against viral diseases such as colds or flu, as taking antibiotics worsens the disease in the event of viral infections, as this can cause bacteria to resist antibiotics. Take antibiotics on prescription to take advantage of them. The antibiotic dose must be taken correctly and regularly, because if the patient misses a dose, this can lead to the resistance of bacteria, which ineffective treatment.

Some of the symptoms of the appearance of a bacterial infection are pharynx and red tonsils, difficulty swallowing, fever over 101 degrees, swollen and tender lymph nodes in the neck, headache, chills and tremors from cold sweat, often nausea, vomiting and abdominal muscles. Pain in children.

Overuse causes resistance and toxicity

Excessive use of antibiotics causes "antibiotic resistance" and "bacterial resistance". Antibiotics often destroy the bacteria or simply prevent them from growing. However, some bacteria have become resistant to certain types of antibiotics. This means that antibiotics against these bacteria no longer work. Bacteria become more resistant to antibiotics more quickly if antibiotics are used too often or not correctly. For example, if a person does not follow all of the antibiotics prescribed by a doctor, bacteria in their body develop resistance to this specific antibiotic. These bacteria can then be treated with another antibiotic. However, some types of bacteria are resistant to all antibiotics and cannot be treated. In addition, overuse of antibiotics at various cellular, tissue, or organic levels can cause toxicity in the body. For example, quinolones are a class of antibiotics that are very toxic to tendons, cartilage, the nervous system, and various other organs. Excessive use leads to the accumulation of antibiotics in lysosomes, which can cause metabolic changes that can lead to cell toxicity.

How do I avoid side effects?

To avoid the side effects of excessive antibiotic use, you should first avoid excessive antibiotic use. In order to control the excessive use of antibiotics, you should not be dependent on the doctor, but regulate the use of antibiotics yourself. Here are some suggestions for avoiding antibiotic resistance:

A. Do not always follow the urge to ask your doctor about antibiotics if you have the flu, cough, or cold. Bacterial infections usually go away on their own within two weeks.

While taking an antibiotic from the doctor, always ask him if it is necessary or not and if you really have a bacterial or viral infection.

Always follow the doctor's instructions regarding the use of antibiotics.

Always make sure you have completed the entire prescribed antibiotic course, even if you feel cured in the middle of the course. If you take it in the middle of the course, bacteria may have a chance to grow back and develop resistance. Then you need to take stronger antibiotics to recover from this second attack.

Eat healthy and adequate antibiotics to strengthen your immune system and resist infections.

Adult Ear Infection - Oh my aching ear

Fortunately, ear infections in adults are not as common as in children. However, it is still very important that adults are aware of this state of health as it can be very painful and irritating. As a rule, the Eustachian tube in the inner ear is the place and the beginning of the infection. The Eustachian tube connects the inner ear to the nasal passages to remove fluid from the ears and equalize the pressure between the outside and inside of the body.

Infection of the adult ear can lead to many complications that you should watch out for. If these complications are identified early, the infection may be much easier to manage. Complications associated with an infection include fluid in the ear, pressure, and pain. The main cause of pressure and pain is that the inner ear tissue swells due to an infection or trapped fluid. Adenoids often swell due to infection. Temporary hearing loss is another complication. The sounds are blocked due to the swelling, but there is no damage to the inner ear when the infection is treated. Even if the pressure has subsided and the infection has subsided, the fluid can accumulate permanently in some parts of the ear.

Regardless of whether the ear infection in adults is bacterial or viral, it can still be treated. Antibiotics are essential for bacterial infections. Fortunately, bacterial infections are very easy to treat. Ear infections caused by viral components are more difficult to treat. As a rule, treatment is carried out by myringotomy. This is a minor surgical procedure in which a small plastic tube is inserted into the eardrum. This tube acts as a vent to relieve the pressure from the infection. It also sucks in the fluid remaining in the ear. This tube is not permanent and will automatically fall off after a short time. If the adenoid causes ear formation and infection, it should be removed.

Although ear infection can be seen as somewhat rare in adults, it is still very important to understand that it actually occurs and requires treatment before complications and damage can be caused.